I have changed the way I blog and
have moved to Tumblr

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

You can play

The Toronto Marlies sign the "You Can Play" pledge.


"You Can Play" is a project founded by Patrick Burke brother of the late Brendan Burke and son of Toronto Maple Leafs President & GM Brian Burke. Brendan, a college hockey player who came out in 2007, died in an auto accident in 2009. Brian Burke supported his son's decision, "I wish this burden would fall on someone else's shoulders, not Brendan's. Pioneers are often misunderstood and mistrusted. But since he wishes to blaze this trail, I stand beside him with an axe! I simply could not be more proud of Brendan than I am, and I love him as much as I admire him." After Brendan's death, both Patrick and Brian determined to continue to do what they could to end homophobia in sports. For more on the project, follow the link below.

No comments :